Wednesday, March 08, 2006

37 week appointment

I just wanted to give a quick update on what all is going on here. I had my appointment on Monday and so far I am still only 2 cm. But the baby and my body are showing all signs of being ready to give birth at any time, so he mentioned the big "induction" word and I pounced on it like a cat in heat. So, the way things look, I will check into the hospital on Monday night at midnight (the 13th) and will have my baby girl on the 14th...nothing like choosing the date of our childs birth, ya know??

I have gained another 3 pounds in the last week, and I am sure i will do it again before I check into the hospital, but I can say this is the last week that will happen!!! The baby sounds real good, her heart rate was down for the very first time, it was only at 140, but that is still good.

The fun part....we decided to take Gracie along to the appointment just so she could hear the babies heart beat and know what all is going on. So she went and did really well. The dotor let her use the doppler and she was so proud of herself. Wen she found the heartbeat, she could only look at me and smile from ear to ear and say "Oh, WOW!" I could have cried. It was so sweet. The doctor was amazed that he delivered her, and how big she had gotten. The day was definitely one for the records. I will forever remember it.

I will try between now and Tuesday to teach Daniel how to post on here and put up some pictures so that everyone will know right away, but if you don't hear....don't worry, I will post eventually. Have a great day, everyone!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Sporty said...

That is such great news Heather! I can't wait to see some pics of the new little one.

I bet Gracie was adorable at the appt.

Take care and the best of luck to you.

~Chasity

1:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not long now hey!
I am excited for you & your dh & kids. Gracie would have been so cute, I can imagine it now..
So looking forward to hearing some wonderful news soon.
Thanks for the update, take care & stay safe.
Hugs, Lesley

1:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home